Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Review of the Year/Resolutions

2006 wasn't so bad you know, jumping at professional opportunities was fun - picked up a job from a guy on a train! Did my first lecture to other professionals and got paid for it (that said it wasn't particularly good so I dont think they are going to ask me again) and wrote and presented training DVD's for the first time (they were a lot better I was quite pleased with them).

I sailed for the first time in about 20 years and got my RYA stage 1 certificate back - and then did what everyone does when they come back from a sailing holiday, do nothing about doing any more sailing!

After a storming start my theatre attendance went right down the pan - amounting to A Man for All Seasons and Wicked! - poor show, must do better!!

Finally we did all the things we have talked about doing to this house for the last 5 years so it's been decorated and has new bathrooms - just as we are about to sell it of course!

In 2007 I'm going to set up my own practice, learn to scuba dive and go to Borneo. That'll do I think.

*Haven't forgotten about the David Tenant thing* - but have a date for a major bike ride today and a party tonight so, bit pushed!

5 comments:

*DB* said...

Happy New Year - - wish I was watching the festivities around the clock tower on tv again as opposed to boring old New York Times Square!

BEAST said...

Happy New Year Lippy....
I am going to marry Britney Spears ,
Tap dance at the vatican (nekkid)
and give up smoking (yeah like thats gonna happen!)

Andrea said...

Q -Everyone asked how you were and where you were - so come back soon!

Beast - well you've got to go for something you can acheive and I think marrying Britney has real potential. That was the reasoning behind my choices rather than the usual "save more money and eat less food" which I would fail at one more time!

*DB* said...

That gave me warm fuzzies and then made me feel very wistful! (Although I am subtly letting it be known to my family that for my 30th, it would be an excellent idea to send me away. To say, England again. God. I'm going to be 30.)

Glad to see you had some good relaxation time...

Back to the grindstone, ho-hum!

Tickersoid said...

Only had 3 items for last year all ticked off.

Stop smoking.

Go back to gym and become an Adonis.

Have sex with ugly prostitute.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013