Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Dead Days

Call me peverse, but this is my favourite part of Christmas, the Dead Days between Christmas and New Year. The one time in the year when it is perfectly socially acceptable to do nothing except have hot baths, walk the dog and read Christmas books.

No guilt for not going to dance class or yoga because the studio is closed!
No cooking as there is enough food in the fridge to feed an army for a fortnight.
And the office is closed for another week. It is worth all the angst to get to this point.


High spot of Christmas Day - Dr Who! Sorry but any bride who got scooped up by David Tenant in a tardis would jilt thier poor fiance immediatley, even if he wasn't in leauge with a giant spider.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about Dr. Who - and what did she do? She rejected him! Katherine Tate is obviously an alien clone...

Tickersoid said...

Katherine Tate, an alien clone?
That would explain a few things.

BEAST said...

Oh do come on the man has a pencil neck and an oversized adams apple.....yuk

Andrea said...

I actually thought Miss Tate would scrub up to be rather more glamorous than that - most dissapointing!

Beast - the Dr is clearly a girl thing, but hey you are one less person I have to share with!

phlegmfatale said...

I dunno, though, I think I prefer Christopher Eccleston.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013