Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Solstice

Shortest day ; according to the local white witch (come on it's practically Wales there are loads of them, at least I didn't consult a druid!) we should spend the daylight hours in walking and meditation and the night in feasting and pleasures of the flesh....


Which sounds great, apart from the fact that I am in the office which is the least medatitive place on the planet. However, I shall be donning the ipod shortly and immersing myself in the last of the nasty jobs before the new year - maybe concentration can do double duty as meditation, just this once. I do find meditation a challenge, I am hyper active because the inner me is very dull with no discernable resources.

But of cours, the great advantage of the WINTER solstice is many more hours of darkness than daylight. So by my calculations eating and shagging time out numbers reflection and meditation time by two to one.......hurrah!

4 comments:

Frobisher said...

Yay to light evenings!

Happy Christmas Lippy x

BEAST said...

Happy Christmas Lippy , have a good one.

I find meditation very dull ! I have the inner life of a potatoe.
Hurrah for eating and shagging time.
Hurrah for lengthening evenings.

Anonymous said...

Its impossible to avoid druids down here - I find them rather frightening as one of only two lcal religions still adhering to human sacrifice. Makes the new Mel Gibson film look like Andy Pandy!

Anonymous said...

Merry Yolnirsday by the way!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013