Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Confessions of a Raving Sexist!

I admit it - I am sexist. Men are decorative, nice to have in your bed or kitchen and OK to talk to...but really they can't ever be expected to achieve in life or be your friend in the same way that a woman can. You think I'm kidding? It's bred into me, my great aunt didn't believe in women's prisions, she said "no woman could have done anything bad enough to warrant being sent to prision and if she did some man obviously drove her to it!"

So when women are horrible to other women I find it unforgiveable. And mothers who didn't want daughters or don't value them in the way they do their sons? "Give those girls to me, and consider yourself banished from the sisterhood with immediate effect!!!"

So, with this background, you can imagine that I'm having grave difficulties with the new secretary who was clearly gutted when she found out that the high earning, scary litigation partner was female....tough break babe. And yesterday I even found it in myself to criticise, in front of the whole of the open plan office naturally. It went like this "if you are going to slag me off in front of the whole office, you might want to make sure that I'm not standing behind you at the time."

Don't take me on sweetheart, you will lose.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM decorative - I accept your comments and will be happy to join you in bed, kitchen, shower- wherever really..

Frobisher said...

This post demeans men.

I give the secretary 6 mnths max.

Tickersoid said...

And I bet you're a wizz in the kitchen as well!

Andrea said...

There is absolutley no mileage in demeaning men Frobes - they enjoy it far to much!

Mutley - be very careful what you offer and sorry not to be able to help with the job situation.

Ticks - absolutley, it's not one of those kitchens where the oven has never been used, and the table and the washing machine have never seen any action!

BEAST said...

Good grief Lippy , Sisterhood my arse , I have had the misfortune a couple of times to end up in a nearly all female team working for a female boss....OMG on both occasions the women where vile to each other , and I mean really vile , where as when working with nearly exclusivly male teams they tend to revert to a pack of grubby schoolboys.....so in my experience a good mix is best , keeps everyone on their toes and best behaviour.
Having said that if the secretary thinks she's hard enough....bury the bitch

Frobisher said...

sisterhood only exists when a man walks in the room . . .

Andrea said...

frobes the sisterhood also exits when a man might be getting the money ....

so referral fees rarely pass from girls to boys!

Alice said...

Ha! You're a serious badass, and feel free to demean men... they deserve to understand how it feels once in awhile.

*DB* said...

To which secretary I laugh and shake my head! Although to be honest, I've run into more scary knife in the back situations among females as opposed to men.

Men, while stupid, generally get over whatever fuss they're in. Women will remember everything...and will make you pay for a very very long time.

Tickersoid, of course she is a wizz in the kitchen.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013