Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Oh Thank God!

No work for a week and a bit!

Spent the afternoon in the pub, which probably wasn't the best prelude to an evening at the mother-in-law's but to be fair to her, she is very understanding of those who fall asleep on the sofa!

The neices and nephews made me feel incredibly ancient, the ones who were toddlers at my wedding are now at college. And it's a bit weird to be the only "first wife" still in circulation, I think I make the second wives nervous for some reason, too much knowledge perhaps?

There is stuff to do today -but the goose is here, the champagne is in the fridge, I'll cook the ham tomorrow (it can sit in a nice bath of cloves and cider all night and will taste so much better for it in the morning!)..so for now I'm going back to bed with a cup of coffee and a book. I NEVER get to do that!

4 comments:

BEAST said...

I boil me ham in coke(full fat none of that diet rubbish and cloves , a recipe that originated believe it or not from the Liberace cookbook I believe.I a spending me day running around sorting out the idiots that have not brought any presents and are running around dissapearing up their own arses , unless otherwise organised....then off to Frobishers for a pre xmas drink and a mince pie :-)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of sitting in a bath of Cider and cloves all night - it might be fun. I am all alone in my bedsit. I keep hitting the pipes with a spanner to annoy the neighbours - the shouts are at least human contact!

Tickersoid said...

Hmmm, I wonder what I can immerse my beef in?

Mutley, I've had bedsit Crimbo's. The trick is to find a pub that's open and get invited back to someone elses place.

*DB* said...

Merry Christmas!! I made mince pies today and had a sudden flashback to last year. I put lots of booze in them in your honor.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013