Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Steam..

Why is relaxing so exhausting? I finally went and spent the Spa Day voucher I got for my birthday today, so I've been massaged, my wrinkles have been plumped up by an "oxygenating facial" and my nails are tidy. Also went for a swim, and then in the steam room so I'm extremely clean. Anyway - now I'm pooped, or maybe that's from chasing the dog round the garden after he stole my knitting.

Interviewed spiffy new lawyer on Friday, charming, keen , not overly ambitious (ambition makes us hyper ambitious types nervous you know!) well turned out and funny. We want him, oh yes we must definatley do. We just hope he'll be OK...after finishing the interview and wishing him a safe journey back to Wales the TAA (terribly able assistant) and I had only one question "do you think he'll be OK being the only gay in the office?" I think he will, and Rob in the Crime team certainly won't be able to get away with the hideous lime green shirt and yellow tie combo anymore. A gentleman who is good with colours! How fab - maybe the days of orange pin stripes and "he got dressed in the dark!" are drawing to a close at last.

4 comments:

Frobisher said...

Oh, happy belated birthday greetings Lippy! Us fellow Librans must stick together, btw were you knitting bedsocks?

A Welsh gay? be careful

Andrea said...

I was INCREDIBLY slow cashing in my birthday voucher, I'm a Cancerian! - but my lovely daughter is a Libran so you'll do much better with the sticking together with her.

Are Welsh gays very dangerous then? He was really sweet and funny - just far too well dressed to be a hetero Welshman

Tickersoid said...

I found out the other day, if I came out as gay at the steel works, no one would give a toss.

No room for drama there then.

Andrea said...

Your workmates probably don't understand what you mean tick!

*g*

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013