Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's a question of Style

Someone this morning complained about my lack of grammar, vocabulary and the ability to spell. Which made me cross, but then I thought well, this is me and if you want me to do this for you then you either accept my limitations or employ someone more expensive.

But it did remind me of one of my early supervisors who, on reviewing a document that I had prepared said "It's a question of style Lippy, some of us have it and you quite clearly don't." Harsh, but possibly in the ego driven world of the law machine,not quite fair.

4 comments:

Frobisher said...

"employ someone more expensive"?

I doubt if anyone charges more than you! (apart from Cherie)

Frobisher said...

OMG, I can post!

Andrea said...

Loads of people charge more than me, I'm ONLY £158 per hour....London rates £350 per hour. See cheap - in many ways in fact!

And yay you can post, I wonder if it's reciprocal yet.

Tickersoid said...

Anyone who says you don't have style should be hunted down and beaten to death with their leather elbowed tweed jacket and tank top.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013