Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, September 11, 2006

Freedom!

I have a day off -which is cool, so I'm heading out in to the garden to read my book in a minute. It's the new CJ Sansom "Soverign" one of a series of legal thrillers set in Henry VIII's time, when it was a lot more dangerous being a lawyer than it is now. I commend them to you if you are in need of a diverting afternoon, very accurate and good on legal history and detail. And of course, written by a lawyer.

My friend JM (she's quite a scary friend actually, the first barrister that I ever instructed) has written a book and I have a copy to review. She is officially one of those "How the hell did she do that?" people. Busy practice, family.....probably just knocked the book off on one quiet Sunday afternoon. I'm afraid that my idea of multi-tasking is sticking the bread machine on while I check my emails!

Oh and I have yoga this afternoon - how indulgent is that, yoga on a Monday afternoon!

Have fun!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013