Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, July 07, 2007

"The Proper Care and Feeding of Middle Aged Women!"

I'm going to moan again so look away now !

When you are 45 like me your physical "bounce back" ability and your "zone of eating shit and looking OK" both decrease very markedly year by year. I have comfort eaten for two weeks and so I have put on 5lbs and look like pooh! - I have exercised don't get me wrong, just haven't exercised enough. I also have zits and bags under my eyes like cargo trunks - SO this week, no drinking, no eating shit, going to bed at 10pm and at least two lots of 30 mins exercise a day! You heard it here first - and to start off on the right foot I'm drinking water in the office at 7 on a Sunday morning while I finish working on this evidence and then I'm going for a walk up a hill!

6 comments:

*DB* said...

I could stand to do some of the same! I've been doing yoga, but I need to get back into the gym more.

Are you going up THE hill?

Andrea said...

Actually not that hill - did that two weeks ago!
Walked around Ironbridge -up and down hills and along the river for about 3 hours so feeling slightly vindicated!

Thanks so much for the pineapple afghan - that's so cool! * mwah*

*DB* said...

Ironbridge was so pretty - I wish I could have seen that in summer as well.

Yaaaay, it arrived! Now, give it a few months to get cold and it'll be useful! (Or, you could go sit in the freezer section of your local Tesco!)

BEAST said...

Oh No ..... someone is going to be very crabby by midweek

Tickersoid said...

Good for you!

I could do with a bit of the same. Body's starting to loose control.

Andrea said...

I did drink - and sex has to count as some of the exercise - but no shit was eaten and I am 2lbs down at the end of the week!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013