Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Me and JK Rowling

On Friday I had serious doubts as to whether I was going to be able to transport 2 children and 1 husband to Lonodn in safety..all morning people had been ringing me with flooding horror stories, Liverpool St Station under 2 inches of water, phones not working due to flooding etc.

But we had to go - driving down the M6 was seriously wet and a bit scary, why do people drive that fast when they can't see past the end of the car? We got to Rugby and collected the nephew and then changed to the train. All the station announcements were telling people "please do not travel today there is serious distruption throughout the rail network" - but magically (?) our train was running and was on time.

I had booked taxi's in advance ( fantastically expensive but worth it!) so after the children had a nap, we left for the Natural History Museum at midnight, our tickets were timed for 1am. The museum looks gorgeous flood lit, very Hogwarts in a paler more glamorous outfit really. The queue was very jolly! We were let into the museum on the dot of 1am, but then hit a hitch, JK was well behind schedule. So we took our goodie bags (including the free book) and headed for the cafe. All plans to NEVER read the signed copy went out of the window as we had a two hour wait!! So we read, ate crisps and chocolate brownies and read!

JK was lovely, very very pretty with great taste in shoes, really nice to the kids and not looking even slightly tired.

The TB is swanking as he says she signed his copy with a kiss - it's a squiggle man are you blind?

And there was something fab about coming home on the train with everyone reading the same book!

4 comments:

Frobisher said...

Saw it on telly! did you have a big red hat on? The Natural History Museum is a great venue.

JK would be nice - so would I if i'd just earned ££££££££'s from the book.

Tickersoid said...

I'm so disappointed now. I thought you were meeting the lead singer of Jamiroqui.

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous!! My copy of the book arrives tomorrow I hope, I can't wait :D

Anonymous said...

i can't wait until i'm finished moving, cause then i can sit down and read my book without feeling guilty or anxious about not having the entire apartment cleaned out.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013