Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Out of the Comfort Zone!

I surely am out of the comfort zone, a way out on a limb somewhere and swaying about in the wind. While I am waiting for some other people to do stuff I have the opportunity to "review" the way I work and so I am.

In particular trying to make an initial research paper more comprehensive and user friendly so that it's content can be moved across into other documents later to save drafting them from scratch..

But reviewing takes time and is of itself a procedure that creates uncertainty- will this method turn out to be better or worse? Am I being sensible in trying to plan more or just pithering about and wasting time?

6 comments:

Tickersoid said...

If you're going to steamline, you may as well do it first as last, thereby maximising your time investment. Obviously this is providing it doesn't compromise business during the 'death valley curve' period.
You wisely used 'dead time' so it's no problem.
In engineering the Japanese have a word for this, 'kyzan' it means 'to find a better way'. It's one of the reasons they kicked our manufacturing butts in the 1970's.

Like I know what I'm talking about.

Andrea said...

Have got a bit of a window of opportunity this week - so got to make the most of it.

Kyzan - like it!

*DB* said...

But isn't it exciting? Zest to life and all that? Still no mail? *pouts* Tell your postal system to hurry the hell up!

Anonymous said...

i'm having a blonde moment where i didn't get a single word. oh well. i'll just read it later.

Tickersoid said...

That should have read, "thereby maximising the return on your time investment."

*DB* said...

Looking for book recommendations? I highly recommend The $64 Tomato by Bill Alexander. I just bought (and finished!) it yesterday. Hysterical.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013