Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, June 09, 2008

Social Pirana! (yes I know it's Pariah but face it no one wants to hang out with a Pirana!)

Honest, I'm becoming a fucking hermit, I mean really. I have not been out socially for MONTHS.

This is a bit of a toxic combination of the TB's naturally antisocial nature, his habitat of choice being a shed. Although to be fair if you can actually get him to a party, two beers in he turns into the life and soul, and everyone is throwing me evil glances for keeping him locked away in a dungeon. Because that is the reason he gives them for not having been out for months. When the truth is he has been in our sitting room, drinking whisky and saying in a whinny voice "but I'm reaallly tired and I reaallly don't want to go out...."

And lack of funds ...or fear of insufficient funds to pay the tax man. Having had a bit of work recently this fear is now resolving and we are going to a ball in a couple of weeks - which could even be fun...........I'll need a new frock, and shoes................that could be even more fun!

4 comments:

Frobisher said...

Staying in is the new going out!

BEAST said...

I am sure the TB doesnt whine. Going out can be overrated , depending on the company.
I am with the TB on this , the shed sounds more fun

Nicey said...

Fuck that, get out and enjoy yourself, lifes short hun ya don't even have to spend much but FFS do something !
You defo need some retail therapy, shoes ??
Have a good weekend

Nicey

Andrea said...

Thanks boys

Nicey I bought the shoes - lovely bronze sandals with a wedge heel - lush!

Also been out for lunch twice in two days and if you want to impress someone who likes food "indigo at No 1 Aldwych" - wow!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013