Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lying to the Dentist

Do you think that everyone lies to the dentist?

I know I do. Today was the 6 monthly check up and polish, and so of course my consumption of cups of coffee with sugar in any 24 hour period was duly trimmed back from 6 to 2. And my flossing history was similarly upgraded from a truthful "most days when I remember" to a frankly fraudulent "morning and evening your honour, without fail". Still I haven't done too much damage, still got my own teeth, albeit with fillings, and no nasty gum disease. Goody good.

So who else do we routinely lie to?

Traffic wardens; obviously "I was just going to get another ticket to put more time on !"

Husbands; "Of course this isn't a new dress, I've had it ages" (but frankly they ask for that, if their powers of observation are that feeble!)

But no one else really, not Doctors or Accountants - but is that because they can plainly see the truth of the situation for themselves? Hmmmmm

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I lied today when the guy teaching the boot camp class asked me what I eat on a daily basis. I told him..but missed out the 4pm munchies, the kettle chips on getting home, the 3 JDs on the soda...and the kitkats.

Nicey said...

Friends - my nose is running coz its a sniffle, yeah right not colombian flu then .....

My Boss - Yeah its all in hand - is it fuck it all going sideways and I am trying to sort it out

Tickersoid said...

Tickersoid morality:-

Don't lie to anyone diagnosing a problem you want fixing or to anyone you wish to have a long term relationship with. However lying to an organization you wish to have a long term relationship with is, depending on the probability and consequences of being caught (similar to doing a risk assessment) permissible if the outcome is critical.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013