Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Am I A control freak? - I dunno, yeah, probably.

I've been pondering the question of "Am I A Control Freak" for a couple of days.

I'm not sure it's true.

What is true is that I cannot be doing with people who create unnecessary drama out of a straightforward situation - loads of people thrive on doing that. They must be bored, but for heavens sake, get a hobby, buy a dog, don't get your kicks by making other people's lives a misery. Life is genuinely hard enough. Strive to make it simple.

And that is where the potential control freakery comes in - I accept that nothing in life is certain, it is going to throw me a curve ball. Therefore I try to be ready for the shit life is going to throw at me. So that, when the next pile of shit it arrives it will find me clean, sober, reasonably fit, wearing prisitine knickers and knowing where all the invoices are to fill in next year's tax return. I enjoy the illusion that this level of preparation gives me a fighting chance.

3 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

Yeah, I'm the same way. I think of it more as preparedness freak.

;)

Those chaos-focused people drive me nuts.

Nicey said...

MMmm I am the opposite, when somethings arrives then I will deal with it I am not worrying / controlling something that may never happen
Laters

Tickersoid said...

In my book, wanting to control your own life isn't, wanting to control others is.

Oh, and nice to visit you again.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013