Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weight loss

Well team, I may have finally cracked this one.

The secret is - work out every day, ride and swim and walk the dog and in an ideal world go to the gym and do yoga. AND only eat the same amount of food as the 22 year old French lodger.
Works a treat - lost 5lbs in a fortnight and she is here for 3 months! - hurrah! Tell you what though I am a bit pooped with all the exercise, not sure I am getting any fitter just more knackered.

It is summer - you can tell, because between the torrential rain and the thunder storms the sun does actually come out, and I have a shocking "farmer's tan" from riding in a v-neck t-shirt, red neck, red arms and terrifyingly white everywhere else! ewww!

Still , I seem to be going to parties and barbeques, listening to dodgy folk groups, having friends in camper vans staying on the drive and saying endlessly "I'd like to go to the beach" without ever actually getting there. Lets hope for progress in this area soon!

3 comments:

UBERMOUTH said...

You could cut back on the exercise a bit, eh?

Andrea said...

OK so today I only rode the horse for a couple of hours and walked the dog!- oh yeah and did half an hour's yoga

Nicey said...

There is no excuse for listening to dodgy folk groups Lippy, get a grip !!

Yeah excercise is the key to me staying in shape, even though I do what I do I still go running and hit the weights ...

Can't be with anyone that takes a ickle pride in themselves

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013