Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Fishing

We want to go to the coast and have a morning's mackrel fishing ...how hard can it be?

Well according to the internet pretty bloody difficult, looks like there is one boat, it's a bit of a serious charter and it's booked for 8 hour trips every day until September. There has got to be something a bit less hard core than that hasn't there?

I will ring tourist disinformation this morning and see if they know anything. Otherwise may just have to content myself with a swim in the north sea! Boo!

In the spirit of "holiday reading" I bought "The Beautiful Game - a WAG's tale" . I knew that it would be bad, but good God it was appalling! With the life of the heroine being SO boring why did the author chose to go into lots of detail about the endless beauty treatments and not give any detail at all about the sex, "we shagged lots" - well don't we all love, but I've paid £6.99 and I want to know a bit more than that!

Well.............. Actually I didn't pay £6.99, this year I've bought all my law books from Waterstones and collected the points on my Waterstones loyalty card. As my annual law book spend is about £2k I've got lots of points and lots of lovely free books! Thank goodness this was one of them.

3 comments:

UBERMOUTH said...

You don't seem to have an email address added. I wanted to let you know that you have inspired a post, but due to the cynical, satire of it- should you see it- I don't want you to be offended.
We actually have a lot in common.

BEAST said...

Thats a bugger , altho mackerel fishing can be a bit hard work , the blighters seem to jump on the damn hooks.
I shall aviod the wags tale then , it sounds dire

Andrea said...

The WAGS tale is truly dire, buy Skip's Torchwood novel instead!

Ubermouth - I am so pleased to meet you - loved the post, I am flattered to death!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013