Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Older, wiser and more beautiful? - I wish!

Today is my birthday, I am 46 years old, not an age you dream about being but what the heck I'm fit, solvent and pretty much living the life of Riley so who cares?!

I had a lovely day today; - flowers, cards, presents, 14 people round for lunch , which admittedly I cooked but friends brought pavolva and wine and stuff so it was really nice. And I'm too old to think that "nice" is a bad word, it's a good word, and it was a good day. The adults drank wine and Pimms and the kids had a water fight in the garden. I overcatered massivley so we have a freezer full of food and a beer fridge full of drink. A beer fridge in the garage is one of the useful things that comes around with age, that and a really good king-sized bed.

The technology gives a whole new dimension to birthdays too - I've had cards, texts, facebook messages and emails ! Yay.

3 comments:

Nicey said...

I like your style, King size bed, a beer fridge, thats all I need Oh and enough for a pair of new shoes what else do I need ...
Happy belated brithday sounds like ya had a blast !

Andrea said...

Thank you - I did I had a great time. My friends and family were very good to me.

And new shoes are always a good thing!

Unknown said...

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my fellow Cancerian :) Hope you had a wonderful birthday, and here's to many more!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013