Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Reverse Phsychology?

Work is still a bit quiet, ticking over , but hardly busy.

So, as yesterday was the hottest of the year so far, I packed up the kids and the dog and headed for the big sands on the north Norfolk coast. And I have to say it was lovely, blue sky, blue sea and soft sand. We picniced and I did fully intend to swim in the sea, but between walking the dog up the beach and reading Alex James "A Bit of A Blur" I never got around to it.

I had left a message on the office voicemail to say I could be contacted on my mobile phone ...I lied, Orange mobile network coverage in Cromer was patchy to say the very least. This had the heartening result that after a very relaxing day I then felt loved and wanted (in the professional sense) due to a barrage of voicemails and incensed email messages! Hurrah!

3 comments:

Nicey said...

Nice work Lippy, Oh that book I am gonna get a copy to read on my Hols in Ibiza. Looks good, he has changed his ways and now runs a farm or something ??

Nicey

Andrea said...

After spending a million quid on cocaine and champagne he needed to offload his royalties somewhere else and carrying on farming until it's all gone is always an effective option!

It's a good read though.

BEAST said...

Ooooh cromer , I havn't been there for years . Did you have ice cream ???

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013