Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The World is Against ME!

Honestly it is, let's review the evidence;

1, I have the flu, proper boiling hot to freezing cold with bone breaking aches flu - even the Doc says it's flu!

2. I still don't have a VAT number 6 months after applying for one - what is the Revenue playing at? Am terrified this will in some way turn out to be MY FAULT and cost money!!

3. The Hoxton has declined to extend my corporate account because I only stay there 2 days/month - bastards! And after I stayed LOADS when they were starting out. Can't even find me a room for next Wednesday night. This feels a lot like one of your mates who you really like turning round and saying "I don't want to be your friend any more" - very playground and five years old and it still stings!

4. Work still slow. Good job at moment - see point 1.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lippy, small world, but we do the PR for The Hoxton. If you need any help with your bookings feel free to email me at nobody_girl33@yahoo.com and I'll see what I can do. Alternatively if you're looking for a hotel in that area, The Zetter's not bad, and Malmaison London in Clerkenwell Square is good too, as are the rooms at The Fox & Anchor, also in Clerkenwell Sq. :)

Tickersoid said...

Sorry to hear about your woes. At least you haven't got man flue. That'd be proper ill.

Andrea said...

NG - that's really sweet, I tried to email but it didn't like me.
The Hox is full on Weds 5 March , and the Zetter only had the studio penthouse - which is a bit excessive just for me.

I'll give the Malmaison and the Fox a ring - thanks so much!

Ticks- ha ha!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013