Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Clean Living

It's true, I lead a blameless life in the country. I ride my horse, walk my dog and do my work. My house is very clean and shiny and so am I. I don't smoke, I don't do drugs and as of Ash Wednesday I DON'T DRINK..............this is true, in a shocking development chez Lippy I have given up the booze for Lent.

Now to get my kicks I either have to jump over very high fences or go to the gym and knacker myself out, or have sex with the TB of course, (haven't given that up for Lent.)

Talking of high fences, a horse at the point to point, threw it's rider, left the rest of the field and promptly jumped over a huge fence and on to the road. It broke it's leg on impact, the hobbled three legged to the forecourt of the petrol station. When it arrived it shook off the shattered broken half of it's foreleg leaving a bleeding stump. Fortunatley the vet arrived at that point and shot it, creating much trauma amongst the assembled townies topping up their cars for a nice drive out in the country. And the moral of this story...the person who told you that horses have an inate sense of self preservation was lying. People do, horses don't.

Anyway - the point of this post was to say that after Easter I am clearly going to head down to the Smoke, install myself in the nearest divey bar and make up for lost time. I just need to assemble a few co-conspirators for the occasion.

6 comments:

Frobisher said...

I havent been to London for over a year & can't give up drink for a night let alone lent!

Andrea said...

I'm doing good so far actually - and it is helping the diet no end!

*DB* said...

OMG, that horse story was just...appalling! I don't blame anyone for shooting it, but yiiikes.

Did you know, on average, people only expend about four calories during sex? Clearly, this can not count for good cardiovascular exercise...

WHY DID YOU GIVE UP BOOZE? CRAZY.

BEAST said...

That horse story has made my leg feel funny. I bet the Post Easter falling off the wagon , is going to be very , very messy

Tickersoid said...

In my experience, sports horses are particularly stupid and deserve all they get.

I'm up for a get legless night in th smoke if the dates work out. Which they probably won't with our new shift pattern.

Andrea said...

Ooh volunteers! - I will have to work out dates and stuff. For sure won't be easter week itself , because I'm going to walk the Suffolk Costal path that week, for some reason that I can't quite remember!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013