Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Friday, February 29, 2008

Bless My Cotton Socks I'm in the News

Along with the rest of the free world I'm glued to Ashes to Ashes. I know it's not as good as Life on Mars, but I didn't actually watch life on Mars because I find John Sim hugely irritating - not his fault, just his face.

But back to Ashes, I'm as sure as I can be that I didn't spend 1981 wandering around with one bra strap hanging out. And cowboy boots...........wasn't it pixie boots? I distinctly remember many pairs of suede pixie boots being in evidence. And yes to skinny jeans, but no to the leather jacket -it was all fake fur round our way, but maybe that was because it was Scotland and the coldest winter on record even the toilet froze up that year. But sadly the dodgy eyeshadow is spot on.

In 1981 my very rich flat mate drove one of these babies, a black Golf Gti, which we all thought was the coolest form of transportation known to man.

2 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Should it worry me that I still drive a 1980's Black Golf GTI? Still bags of fun.

Christopher said...

I don't know where you live, but you may be interested to know that the Golf I is still being built in South Africa, where it is an entry-level car. However there have been substantial improvements over the years. It has an updated dashboard, and the engine is from the current Golf range - even more powerful than the original GTI.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013