Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Whole Point

The Whole point of being self employed is that I get to work fewer hours a day, have a lot more flexibility and still make the same money - or work the same horus in a day and make more money, whichever....either way it's my risk and me who is waiting for the cheques to come in. So far this month, as far as the cheques go...it's been a slow month.

Get your cheque books out client type guys, there is only so much work a lawyer can do without an adequate coffee supply, and the sort of cases you've got we are talking 8-10 cups a day minimum, when the Gold Blend runs out the work stops, OK???

Also being self employed lets me have open bizarre windows open on the computer and listen again to Radio 4 comedy while I work - it's strangely consloing I find!

5 comments:

Tickersoid said...

You are clearly ambitious. Most self employed people I know, work more hours for less money.

BEAST said...

yo Lippy sorry I havnt been by of late , things have ben a bit busy, and I have been wandering about in a fog of confusion.
I think it suits me:-)

Raymond said...

The bumblers be buzzin. Only Mr. Pride be protectin us!

Anonymous said...

in my opinion, being self employed is probably harder than working for someone else. you feel guilty if you're not working just as hard as you think you should, even if you're practically killing yourself.

Andrea said...

Pink - that is what my sister is saying!

But I'm taking Monday mornings off to ride horses so I have guilt!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013