Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ow!

I did go to the gym and this morning it hurts, especially just between my shoulder blades, (shoulder presses I think they are called) and my calves , running uphill on a treadmill will do that for you.

Have to say the TB looks very sexy getting all sweaty on a rowing machine. And I'd probably do better if I spent less time watching and letching and more time pedalling the stationary bike.

Also the whole process would be much more efficient if we didn't come home and have beer and curry afterwards.

By way of public information announcements did you know that if you pay your credit card late in one month you get charged interest for the next two! - robbing bastards! I never knew about this because I always pay my credit card off in full on time, but honestly of all the scams to stop people getting out of debt. That one seems to be right up there with the ironically named "Bright House" and it's 30% interest rate - never go there, if ever there was a business that deserved to fail horribly that is it.

4 comments:

Nicholas said...

There are credit cards this side of the pond that bury in the small print of their credit agreements the fact that even though you are signing up to their super dooper low APR of 4% or something, if you are late with your payment just once they can immediately charge you 29% forever afterwards. There’s also a commercial showing, usually in the daytime, for a loan company, with a has-been TV star doing the jolly, folksy spoken bit. For one millionth of a second they flash up the small print, and you can only read it if you record it and freeze frame – which I did once out of sheer curiosity. And sho’ ‘nuff, in that brief flash of almost illegible small print they had buried the fact that their APR was 99% to start with, and penalties applied to late payments. It’s all perfectly legal for companies here to charge usurious rates like that, but it seems more like loan sharking to me. The bastards.

Nicholas

http://agentlemansdomain.typepad.com

Andrea said...

99% christ on a bike - if that's not a userous credit agreement I don't know what is!

Mr Gaskins Curiosity Emporium said...

I paid off my Abbey(Banco Satan-a) credit card the other month...
They were so nasty that they decided to reduce the limit from 4k to 1500 even though I was 2.5k on the card, and then charge me a whacking great interest on it 'because we think you are finding it difficult with a higher limit' mmm, would have been nice of you to talk to me first?
After cancelling the card, when they called me repeatedly with marketing calls to find out why I'd left and was I interested in being stitched up again - I told them I had set up telephone preference so don't call and finally had to tell a hapless call centre goon to re-arrange the sentence 'off fuck'. Then they started the marketing mails, that get the pre-paid envelopes sent back empty so it costs them twice in postage and to pay some poor sod to open them...

OldStuff said...

I started going to the gym last week and accompanied by some beastly protein complement I feel better than ever....without taking into account that my body can barely move at all.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013