Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The murk in my brain and the joy on my plate!

I am so bad at taking criticism it's pathetic. A couple of things go wrong and I first of all bridle at it and then sink into a slough of self hatred and "why am I so crap" ness. All very juvenille - but honestly heart felt and something I really really struggle to deal with.

Self esteem being less than a milimetre thick and put to the test at every turn it seems to me.

Oh well never mind.

Ate a lot of nice dinners in London - although the Hoxton Grille steak took a lot of beating, Lincoln's Inn dining does very nice canapes and there is an Italian in lower Sloane street that made a crab ravioli soup that was an absolute dream!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Mutley you seem desparate for me to have some terminal disease - no my skin is perfectly fine thank you!

Frobisher said...

Eek! I better hold back with a frank critique of your blog, Miss Touchy!

All you ever do is stuff your face when in London. Was the V&a and National Portrait Gallery shut? Howsabout a blow-by-blow account of dinner ala Michael Winner? especially for all us plebs stuck in the provinces.

I will be making a Dorset Apple Cake today.

Andrea said...

I'm sorry the blog is getting v boring and self indulgent!

And I also apologise for being a culturally bankrupt somewhat portly peasant!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013