Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Coming Down...

Having spent the whole of October running on adrenalin it's come down time, and as always it feels bloody awful.

At these times though - however strong the temptation to sleep for two days it must be resisted, otherwise I feel worse. So, shopping, long dog walk, firework party next door....everyone else was driving so we of course had to keep our hosts company while they had a drink or several...bad move!!

And friend for lunch today; Lippy's Sunday Lunch Menu - Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding, Roast Potatoes, Roast Parsnips, Carrots, Peas, Purple sprouting broccoli, creamed celeriac, gravy. And for pudding home made tarte tatin and clotted cream. Lovely - and clearly a good part of the reason I am such a size 16 lard arse! (as I have a US reader I'd better translate - that's a 12)


I do need to try to get fitter so I cope with the maddness better ...


Still telly tonight, in the blue corner we have Torchwood - we like Captain Jack, although so obviously the token yank friendly lead, we like the nasty plots - but wasn't the alien sex fiend an episode in the first series of Angel??...anyway that's nit picking Torchwood is class telly, and may with a little work even become telly royalty like Dr Who.

8 comments:

*DB* said...

Damn. I wish I could have eaten that dinner. Yum. It is Guy Fawkes day, isn't it? Fun!

Andrea said...

It is Guy Fawkes - poor old Guido, but yes fireworks going off all over the place!

Will change my settings now to reinstate your link - so sorry!

Frobisher said...

Yum, like the sounds of Sunday lunch. Glad you like Torchwood, seems to be getting a bit of stick, predictably from Dr Who snobs. Only complaint is that oriental girl who was Sapphy's friend in Ab Fab. I would like to see her violated and then killed by a Dalek.

Andrea said...

Violated by a darlek....that leads to scary parts of your pshyce that are best left unexplored!

Like your Xmas tree btw - tree and presents combined in fact!

Tickersoid said...

all I had was marmite on toast.

Andrea said...

Tick - you need to learn to cook or get less lazy, whichever!

Failing which bring Fluffy and avail yourself of the standing Sunday Lunch invite.

BEAST said...

actually I dont like the look of the american friendly lead 'Capn Jack' and the one I saw one of the girls from 'as if' had been turned into the last of the cyber men.....it was a bit silly.
Lunch sounded gooooood , will you adopt me please

Andrea said...

Adopt Beast...this I have to think about.

Queen already calls me her "British Mum"...

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013