Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hate objects!

Some times I really hate lawyers . I have an opponent on a case who has resorted to hectoring emails because I won't do what he wants me to. And although I can see all sorts of holes in his case, when someone shouts at you for long enough and loud enough I (at least) really start to doubt my own position. Of course I'm not admitting that, but I would really like some nice barrister to hold my hand on this case now - so part of this morning will be dedicated to trying to pursuade the client to pay for one!

Things I did last week;

1. Took the skin off my feet walking around London in new shoes.
2. Fixed my cousin up with a blind date.
3. Got cross in a committee meeting - I'm amazed that I could summon up the energy!
4. Got my blackberry charged up for free by the nice man on the vodaphone counter in Harrods.
5. Had a 7am breakfast meeting.
6. Made a great lamb curry.


Must work, there is great piles of the stuff wafting around the office!

4 comments:

Tickersoid said...

There's nothing quite like a good barrister. One finds one's self silently saying, "yeah, what he said." in ones mind each time he makes a point.

See The Crown v. Tickersoid, 1970-something. Insufficient evidence for the 'Criminal Damage involving fire' charge and the threat of an Indecent Exposure charge came to nothing.

Nicey said...

Blind dates dont ya love em !!!
Keep us posted
Laters

Nicey

Unknown said...

How did the blind date go?!

UBERMOUTH said...

Everyone hates lawyers-even other lawyers, judges, cops- GOD.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013