Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, October 06, 2008

So who do you want to win Strictly?

Strictly Come Dancing is the only "reality" tv that I watch..I can say with hand on heart that I have never seen the X Factor or Big Brother or anything else but when it comes to Strictly I'm addicted.

Why? - apart from a bit of a Len crush which is disturbing enough in itself. I like all the spangly bits and thinking "with a few lessons I could do that" . It is clearly a girl thing as while the AB and I become frantically excited the TB retreats to his office and works and even a scantily clad Lisa Snowdon can't tempt him into the sitting room.

So back to my question - who do you want to win?

I really like Jodie - I think because she reminds me of a very old friend (who was also very tall and an ex-model) who died very young and who I still miss dreadfully. But with my honest head on she hasn't got much of a prayer.

Cherie I would love to go far, as the standard bearer for all of us who aren't 20 any more.

I think Rachel Stevens may well win which would just be really annoying.

And out of the Tom/Austin stand off - haven't made my mind up - but hopefully I have several weeks of delicious lechery ahead of me before it's necessary to make a choice!

4 comments:

BEAST said...

Its def a girl thing , I dont know why but it has an amazing effect of making me feel embarrassed watching it. Whereas I love the Xfactor (once you get over all the sob story weeping and wailing)

Mr Gaskins Curiosity Emporium said...

John Sargent... nuff said... Oh, OK, I'll be honest, can't watch it without wanting to drink heavily... like reality TV, can't watch it, I spend my life studiously avoiding 'those' sort of people, I really don't want to have to endure them on telly too...

Tickersoid said...

Although my sister is also addicted to it, I haven't seen it. Even though I'm a keen dancer myself.

Unknown said...

I love it! Tom has to win, although - annoying as they are - Rachel Stevens and her partner are amazing!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013