Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, October 20, 2008

French and Saunders, wop a doey ooh!

So French and Saunders - the Still Alive tour. I had front row tickets for the first night - and honestly the place was so packed with celebs I didn't know whether to look at the stage or the audience. I was "THAT" close to Gok Wan who was sitting in the row behind, with an exquisitley pretty blond boy who I sincerely hope was his boyf, and I didn't scream "Gok Gok I love you please be my new best friend" - which I thought showed commendable restraint. Lenny was there (obviously) and Jane Horrocks and all the Dibleys and Catherine Tate (with her mum), Lisa Tarbuck (oh my God I'm WAY thinner than she is ! I was amazed!).

Anyway, yes , yes the show.....the good bits of F & S are funny and make you wince at the same time. There was a sketch about public school kids left in the boarding house for Christmas which was so spot on I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, or yell "I know her, it worked out OK in the end!". Too much big screen if I'm honest, and for me too much slapstick - although the two old men sketch at the end was horrifically hilarious. The original Ab Fab sketch with Dawn as Saffy was as good as I remembered and all in all I had a stonkingly good time. Thanks girlies!

4 comments:

rX said...

ohhh that sounds great!! I'm not sure I would have been able to be so restrained with Gok!! :)

Nicey said...

Is The Gok a love God then ???
Glad you enjoyed it, sounds just what you needed

Nicey

Andrea said...

Nicey - The Gok love is really a girl thing, it is completely and utterly asexual. But the thought of hanging around a bloke who is going to tell you that you are fabulous and gorgeous all the time without (because he is gay) any desire to get into your knickers is completely irresistable!

Rx - I nearly broke, in fact I nearly just touched him to be able to say I had but that would have been naff and uncool.

rX said...

I dont think it would have done!! I think he's actually my best friend... he just doesn't know it yet!! Anyway, I'm so glad it's not just me that loves him :)

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013