Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, August 19, 2007

"That Bloke Looks LIke a Fat Sean Bean!"

I had the full on Manc experience. I spoke to Sven before the match and wished him good luck -and then they won 1-0, it's spooky the effect I can have on people! Although close to the Man City first team appear to have an average age of 14.

We went to a comedy club and I now have an extensive reportoire of scouse jokes; What do you call a scouser in a white shell suit? ............................................................the bride.

I bought out Kendals, having discovered that the part time tv presenting lets me get MAC at Bobbi Brown at trade price and they are tax deducatable.YES!

Clubbing was interesting - yes, that's the right word, -interesting. Although why some guy decided to try pole dancing with the disabled access handrail will remain a mystery. Some barman inspired the quote that makes the title of this post - but S had lost her glasses at that point and I wasn't really convinced.

The hotel was lovely, and the spa fabulous - I declined the spray tan and the hair extensions and had a facial and a massage instead which was lush.

So relaxed and revived it's an early start to the week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

have i mentioned how incredibly jealous i am of everything you've mentioned above? i could use a good spa treatment.

Frobisher said...

Did you end up vomitting in your handbag again?

Tickersoid said...

The pole dancing all makes perfect sense to me...

Andrea said...

Oh pink bless you - aren't there some organic herbal treatmenst out there in the backwoods?

Frobisher - no I did not, there was no vomiting by me anywhere thank you

And Ticks, yes I expect it probably does.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013