Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, March 05, 2009

I'm sort of dreading writing this post as Tickers is going to say "I told you so" - I've felt knackered since I got back from London last week, couldn't put one foot in front of another. I finally ended up in hospital yesterday and came back with a new inhaler and huge antibiotics, I've apparently been walking around in the throes of a major asthma attack and a chest infection for about a week..........I thought I felt a bit rough.

Added to this the business has spent rather more than it has earned over the last two months - quite a lot (the tax bill, the VAT bill ) has been absorbed by savings and even more is the huge annual items like law books which are annual editions at between £500 and £1000 a time. It's a bit worrying but I think it's turned the corner, I don't owe anything I just don't have much of a float any more.

And the financial arises just when I want to spend some cash going to Hydrabad for a wedding. My best friend's cousin's wedding to be precise. The TB (my toy boy husband to save you scrolling down to the bottom of the blog for a translation) is not keen on such a big spend on travel right now. My best friend on the other hand is desperate that I go to India. I can just see this panning out in a way that means I am in trouble with both of them.

Right - chargable time is ticking away, timesheets await! Onward! - do I need to blog about all that stuff ?!

4 comments:

Nicey said...

Yep I am self employed so know the score hun, MMmm realtionships you are never gonna be able to keep everyone happy all the time, I am sure that you will work it out...
Laters

Nicey

Unknown said...

Oh Lippy, hope you're ok. Get better soon..sounds like you're working too hard. Re being caught between a rock and a hard place with the India trip - do what makes YOU happy, sounds like you could use a holiday...x

*DB* said...

Take care of yourself!

Tickersoid said...

*Gurns badly whilst trying not to say anything*

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013