Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Busy

Everyone seems to be crazy busy which is good - me too. Worked in London end of last week, 7am starts, 8pm finishes - and not all of it chargeable unfortunately but you have to lay the ground work with clients , so there it is.

I couldn't get through to the Fox to book a room and ended up in the Malmaison. It's a lovely looking hotel but christ on a bike the beds are hard. It was that "hall of residence bed" experience , where you sit down on the bed too quickly and it's so hard that your spine almost jars out through the top of your head! Ouch ! I slept, but only, I suspect, because I was completely shattered .

Luckily, as I was off to Starbucks I met the manager of the Fox and Anchor who had had an empty room on the nights I was stuck in the hard bed - so bless him I now have his direct line so it won't happen again. Hurrah!

I also got my make up done in Harvey Nicholls by the lovely Eddie on the Trish Mcavoy stand which was fun - and confirmed that all the colours I already own are the right ones.

And it's Lent and I've given up two of my favourite things for the duration - bread and booze, 5 days in and it's going OK , I even fished the croutons out of my soup!

7 comments:

Nicey said...

Well done hun, whatever you give up is a move in the right direction. Best of luck !
I have now moved to Horsferry Road, loads of wrong uns hanging around the courts...
Laters

Nicey

Andrea said...

ouch Horseferry Road magistrates court ..........should give rise to some erm. interesting encounters!

L

BEAST said...

Lent pfffffffffft
I have given up giving things up

Unknown said...

You are SO in there with Scott! Love it! I'm going to mention the hard beds to the Mal's GM - not cool to have a rock of a bed when you just want a good night's sleep!

Andrea said...

NG - Scott is the main man! And I'm a steady if unexciting punter. I have to say I was quite excited about the Mal until I sat on the bed, I did mention to a random American in the lift, "is it me or are the beds really hard" and he reassured me that it wasn't me!!

Unknown said...

Next time you're in the Fox look at the framed reviews on the wall, that's what we do for them, hopefully many more good review to come! Mentioned the bed situ to the GM btw, and you're right- you're not the first to mention it. We've suggested some mattress toppers - hopefully they'll take it onboard..

Andrea said...

NG - thank you, wow the MD knows my thoughts! And I will definately look at the reviews!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013