Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chance Encounters

Some years ago I fell in love with a man who was funny and sporty and had loads of mates and seemed to me to be everything I wanted to be in life. He fell for me fast and hard and then fell out of love with me equally fast - being slow to catch on I took longer to figure that out. He was quite difficult to be with, moody, changeable , quick to take offence - and even I , thick as I am , figured that had something to do with his cocaine and marjuana consumption.

Life moved on , I have another relationship, happy , stable, quieter.

I've always known where my former love is and how he is doing and we talk from time to time - and so we did yesterday. And he's living on his own, not sporty in fact so thin it's quite scary (got to have a bit of meat on a bloke) no mojo, no band - just an even bigger coke habit. And just to break your heart properly there were snatches in the conversation of the guy I used to know. I am left with this stupid desire to go round to his house, clean it , get the shopping in and cook his dinner - but that way madness lies.

6 comments:

Nicey said...

Lippy,

All woman like a bad boy with some edge .......
Laters

Nicey

Andrea said...

Nicey

You are absolutely right I adored him when he was a bad boy - but it's like the lights gone out. And I just want to cry really. Sorry.

L x

Nicey said...

I am learning that you can still have that edge even without the drugs, someday the bubble bursts and then you get to see with what your finally left with wich is sometimes totally different to what you thought you had !!
laters

Nicey

*DB* said...

I feel sorry that he's hurt himself in this way. And for you, too. I wouldn't want to see someone like that.

Tickersoid said...

If I behave like a burned out sex god, will I get my shopping done and the house cleaned?

Seriously, reminds me of an ex who used to rave about some one she once knew, who was handsome magnificent and fearless. One day we bumped into him. Just a shell of a man wherein a bold spirit once dwelt. Apparently, whilst drunk, he'd been fearless with an on comming car.

Andrea said...

DB - thanks it's very sad.

Ticks - well possibly. And on the serious point, it is just awful to see really.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013