Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bored now!

There is definately a point around the beginning of February, when all those winter things that seemed so appealing back in October have definately lost their shine.

I am now officially fed up of the following things ;

"Bracing" walks with the dog - bracing in this context means frozen solid and miserable.

Comfort food - particularly anything involving either chips or mash.

Cosy evenings at home by the fire, which in reality occur because we are snowed in/cut off by flood water/too knackered to go anywhere*.

*delete as appropriate.

My sister , on the other hand, has won tickets to the Brits - from Tesco of all places. They are putting her up in the Park Lane Hilton and she gets to go to the after show party too! Obviously she is having a "what do i wear?" crisis and for some reason is ringing me about it. WHAT DO I KNOW????? I am in my mid 40's and live in the middle of nowhere!!!

5 comments:

Nicey said...

I am not bored - Yet but I am officially fed up, I am the most fed ever !!!

Hey I bet that you would prefer to be at home than out at some Brit Pop party with all that drinking and shannangins ; ) anyway why is your sis not taking you

Laters

Nicey

*DB* said...

I wish I could win something like that. Well, mostly just money!

Tickersoid said...

I would have a dog were it not for the walking and picking up poo. All those episodes of 'The Dog Whisperer' are wasted on me.
Same applies to horses.

Haven't had chips for ages. Must put it on my to do list.

Andrea said...

Nicey - sis is taking her husband, little sisters are like that.

DB - money works for me too!

Tickers - you have cats, see I couldn't be doing with cats much too stuck up and standoffish!

XX said...

I could never be bored of comfort food. I could eat Yorkshire pudd and pork pies all day long!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013