Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Sugar Rush!

Update on annoying case - client took my advice. Admittedly only after I told him he was running his commercial dispute like a divorce case, ie too much emotion and not enough looking at the bottom line! Which was a bit of a harsh thing to say, even for me. But.....the advice worked ...result! OK it's a small battle in what may prove to be a very long war, but hurrah!


Nicey's asking about love. To which my instant knee jerk response was, "don't ask me, I've been married for nearly 20 years!". And then I thought about it a bit more. I once made the mistake of asking the TB why he loved me and he said "because you are really kind to me" - I was furious, I wanted to be told it was because I was beautiful, fascinating, sexy and irresistable. When you first fall for someone, in that initial "sugar rush" maybe you are, fascinating, sexy and irresistable. But then you turn out to fart and sweat like the rest of the world. And what counts, is someone who is nice to you and loves you for who you are - not what they thought you were or wish you would become. And how do you tell when someone loves you ? When they cook you beef in red wine with dumplings, because it's your favourite, even though they really don't like beef in red wine with dumplings. Guess what we've got for tea tonight?

6 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Bag of chips and a tin of corned beef?

Nicey said...

Lippy,

Awwwww Now thats what I am talking about, but the biggest thing is about being yourself, farting or not farting....
Laters
Nicey

*DB* said...

And what counts, is someone who is nice to you and loves you for who you are - not what they thought you were or wish you would become.

I wish I could find that!

Evie said...

I love your definition of love with the dumplings..

Unknown said...

Love is wonderful - although I'm sure my bf's love cooled a little after he discovered that my shelves of cellulite lotions and *shock* some Spanx in my underwear drawer!

phlegmfatale said...

That's actually quite lovely.
I wanna cook something I don't like for someone. Maybe I'll find my differently-palated guy someday...

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013