Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Solicitor, thinking beautiful thoughts!

I am at the end of my patience with a case - probably because being in pain wore me down a bit. This is a difficult position to be in because, honestly, to be useful as a professional adviser to some extent you don't have to give a fuck how the case turns out.

It's my job to tell you that what you are doing is stupid. It is not my job to stop you doing whatever stupid thing it is you are proposing to do - you see the difference??

One of the fascinating things about my job is the brilliant (and sometimes slightly mad) people that you get to work with. In consequence whilst walking the dog around the forest this morning I was able to take some on the mobile advice, from a very expensive barrister. The advice was very good and I now only owe them a pint. A pint of champagne maybe, but still. So what was the advice?

Either get back to a place where I don't care about this case, or hand it over to someone who genuinely doesn't give a toss. Handing over the case or involving a barrister is the £500 an hour option. The cheap option ?- "solicitor walking dog through forest, thinking beautiful thoughts!"

4 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Ha Ha! You know the difference, you can do this.

Nicey said...

MMM Well I would like to think that solicitor I am using for my divorce cares about the outcome and to be honest I am putting in as much as she is, I think and yeah I take her advice, well she is the proffessional isn't she !!
Laters

Nicey

BEAST said...

It makes me laugh when people pay for advise and then do the opposite , and then can't understand where it all went wrong.
do you still get paid if they feck it all up ??

*DB* said...

I'm going with the "hand over" option, too!

Hey, has it snowed by you as well? Saw a Brit newspaper going on and on about the snow...

:)

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013