Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Monday, December 08, 2008

Oh shit!

I really really don't want this to turn into an "ailments" blog. You know the kind of thing, bravery in the face of invasive medical procedures. I admit I do moan from time to time about what's up with me - but that's I hope, a reality check in what would otherwise look like a charmed life.

But today life sent me a bit of a curve ball - an unrelated bit of my anatomy is playing up and in the next week or so ( basically as soon as they can sort out the appointment) I have to go for tests to see if I have cancer. I probably haven't and I will in all probability regret this post as a bit of over dramatic self pitying rubbish. I contemplated not making it on that basis. Particularly as I don't pretend for one minute that this blog gives full and frank discolsure of everything that's going on in my life..........it doesn't, I'm too much of a wimp for that.

I am pissed off though - with everything else I feel I have gone through my legitimate share of medical "poking in prodding", it's not fair!!! Lifes not fair Lippy get the fuck over it!!!

However, I need to frame this fear in words. My immediate family know but I can't exactly ring my friends going "Hi how are you? I might have cancer." So I'm imposing my fear on you instead. Sorry and all that. When it turns out to be absolutely nothing then you can share my embarassment.

Love

L xx

9 comments:

Nicey said...

Fuck me Lippy, thats bound to shake ya, Sounds like you have done all the right things and testing is happening early on....
Its a cruel disease, and most woman that I know I have had scares including my Mum and some ex-girlfriends, they all pulled through and I am sure that you will, fingers crossed and thinking of you hun, your made of win, keep your chin up, stay strong and don't try to take on the world, you have a battle that I know that you will win.
Stay safe, Laters

Nicey
x

Andrea said...

Thanks sweetheart. I appreciate the crossed fingers. I think it's OK - making sure the life insurance is tickity boo though! It will likely be nothing and I'll feel bad for scaring everyone!

Unknown said...

*hug*

Oh hon, I can't imagine how scared you are. Least you're getting all the tests, and will get the answers you need - our thoughts are with you lady, keep strong and keep positive. We're here whenever you need to rant/rave/scream/ etc - keep smiling, will keep everythin crossed that you get the all clear.

D xxx

*DB* said...

I would rather have the "it wound up being nothing overreaction" than the opposite!

I hope everything turns out better than feared.

XOXO

phlegmfatale said...

I had a one-two punch of cancer-scares in the lady-bits my ownself this summer, so I know what it's like. I hope good news is swift in coming to you. :)

Nicey said...

Lippy,

Hey just thinking it really does put life in to persepective when something like this happens, you really know who your friends are in these dificult times, anyway you will be fine, your a trooper !
Laters
Nicey

Frobisher said...

Your right, you seem to have had more than your fair share of problems - I hope the old adage of squeaking doors going on forever is true!

Thinking of you

F x

Andrea said...

Thank you all I really appreciate it- I knew I would be embarassed but it helped to write it all down so there it is.

Tickersoid said...

I'm making this comment before reading the following post.

I completely empathise. You do of course have to go through all the stages, denial, anger, acceptance. I know how telling people somehow makes it a little better, so that's fine.
Good luck XOX

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013