Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, November 23, 2008

When you're stacking shelves in Tesco's you'll wish you'd listened to your mother!

It's exam time for the AB - and as the pampered public school educated offspring of doting professional parents she's not worried - why should she be?

Because I, her screaming harpy of a "first generation to go to University" mother say she should be that's why! I didn't battle my way through the 11 plus , 10 o Levels and 4 A Levels so that she could be a slacker! No - that isn't the way it's supposed to work.

So she is subjected to a constant barrage of questioning about how may Latin declentions she has by heart and whether she has really done the practice French comprehension that she said she had - whilst listening to the sound track of High School Musical 3, obviously.

I periodically scream "it won't be my fault when you're sweeping the streets! I've done my best!" not sure it's helping.

3 comments:

Tickersoid said...

I'm sure they'll excel at everything with your direction and encouragement.
They'll explain all that to their psychiatrists in middle age.

Andrea said...

I know I'm being irrational - I'm afraid it's a case of "I was petrified of exams why aren't you???"

She will be fine - despite me no doubt!

*DB* said...

Your daughter comes from good stock, she'll be fine!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013