Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Friday, November 14, 2008

Crackered

Working in London for 3 days I spent one night in a fabulous suite at the Fox in Smithfield - can I say wow, TWO flat screen tvs and a huge slipper bath and my own balcony. Such a shame it was work and I was on my own. Day 3 was an emergency stop over however - it's ages since I've done a emergency shirt and knickers run to M&S - and there were NO hotel rooms in London anywhere.

Fortunately I was saved by a lovely friend who lives in Brockley, I went and stopped at her house, which was fab and involved the obligatory couple of hours in her local wine bar, "Mr Lawrence" - if you are in Brockley do call in, it has nice wine, nice big comfy arm chairs and food too.

After spending 30 hours in meetings over 3 days came home last night and slept for 11 hours straight. This morning I'm off to ride the horse.

And nicey - have been to the gym twice this week and done yoga every morning. I still hate the treadmill but I'm slowly learning to live with it.

4 comments:

Nicey said...

Ah yeah the emergency M&S run I have to do a few of those trips when I have been 'ambushed' on a mid week night out.
Glad the gym is going well, keep it going and reap the rewards !
Nicey
x

Tickersoid said...

Why would you need two flat screens?

Andrea said...

I have no clue Ticks - maybe if there were two people in the suite wanting to watch different things???

Tickersoid said...

One for each eye perhaps?

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013