Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Stupid Back

My lower back hurts - really hurts. It hurts worst in bed at night, so bad that it wakes me up, but it's fine when I'm walking around or swimming or sitting or pretty much anything other than lying down.

This means that I am short of sleep and very very grumpy.

I have been to the chiropractor and have to go again on Saturday - there was an almighty click which she "adjusted" my lower spine and to be honest I've felt a bit sick ever since.

Perhaps I should just go out and spend £500 on a new memory foam mattress - the way I feel at the moment I would pay £500 for a good night's sleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i understand that feeling. last summer i popped a muscle in my back and couldn't move without crying in pain. i couldn't even turn over on my stomach to sleep. that was an event i don't care to repeat.

The Aunt said...

Don't go back to the chiropractor. Go and get your back X-rayed, and don't take no for an answer. Tell the doctor about the click.

I got clicks for ages, and it wasn't until I was X-rayed that they found the half-kilo bone tumor.

Which I am sure you do not have. Just go and be safe.

Unknown said...

I stayed in a hotel last week that had a Tempur mattress - it was amazing. I'm thinking of investing in one for home, I slept so well on it, you feel totally supported.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013