Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Beecham's Powders and Bolly don't really mix

It is the season of Christmas parties, so of course I have a cold and a sore back, yes still, I have partaken of every quack cure known to woman (known to this woman) but still I sniff, and the skin on my face is drying and flaking off - I look like the Mummy.

But I am made of sterner stuff, and anyway it's too painful to lie in bed, so I headed off to the West End yesterday for lunch in an awfully nice restaurant called Pattersons. The reason this isn't a restaurant review is that I drank 3 glasses of champagne on an empty stomach and I can't remember what I ate! - but it was very nice.

And , oh joy, I was sitting next to a guy works with the woman who was the class sex pot when I was at Uni, and he said without any prompting "but God, I can't beleive you were in the same class as P you look SO much younger than she does." Call me shallow but I've waited 25 years for that one - hurrah!

Then came the horrible ending to any Xmas lunch the walk east up Oxford St looking for a cab, it is truly a magical time of year as I found one before the Tottenham Court Rd , so home before 10 - and the superior muscle relaxant qualities of Bollinger meant I had my best nights sleep for weeks!

3 comments:

Tickersoid said...

"but God, I can't beleive you were in the same class as P you look SO much younger than she does."

Yeay you! That's always going to cheer you up.

Cream said...

Christmas parties?
Day in, day out! For a whole three weeks...
I definitely need some champagne!

Hayden said...

good one, very nice complement!

I have this recurring, not-very-nice thought when I see someone who has aged badly: I wonder what the bloody hell wars are that are running inside the person's soul for them to look so ravaged! It always seems to me that nice people usually age better than the not-so-nice ones.

Having said that, I'm sure to wake up in the morning with a fresh crop of wrinkles.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013