Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Sunday, September 02, 2007

You are going to think badly of me

I can't believe that I did this.......Someone I don't know well and haven't seen for ages, made a passing comment in conversation, "you've got a couple of kids haven't you" being a lazy git and thinking this thread would go no further I gave a "uh yeah whatever" kind of an answer - and inadvertently committed myself to having two children. Rather than being dropped , the topic continued and I couldn't back track - and ended up inventing a whole second child that I don't actually have! By the end she even had a specific style of school shoes!

So clearly when confronted with the choice between embarassment and compulsive liar, I'll go with compulsive liar every time..........................

Even i'm shocked!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's nothing. i've invented a husband, children, and a boyfriend before. especially when i'm being harassed by some dude who is as appealing as a broken leg. i get hit on by the weirdest people.

Andrea said...

That makes me feel ever so much better Pink, thanks

Tickersoid said...

Now Pink has consoled you....

You're going straight to hell young woman!

Must be the inevitable consequence of spending too much time alone.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013