Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hill Billies

Part of the point of living in the country - along with having a bigger house for your money and fewer sirens in the middle of the night - is that you get to swan up to town occasionally looking all rosy cheeked and healthy and stand out suitably amongst the sallow skined townies.

Well not lately I haven't - a couple of 8 o'clock in town starts have meant leaving home at 5 in the morning only to arrive with bags under my eyes like cargo trunks and finish up with a whole rash of stress type zits that I should, by rights, have grown out of 30 years ago! Anyway came across some girlies in Selfridges who were doing "threading" they pull out your eyebrow hair with cotton thread that they sort of catch between their teeth and spin - as a result I know have extremely tidy eyebrows ! But I need to go back in 3 weeks for another appointment apparently, oh well, temporary improvement is still improvement...right?

C's first day at new school today - I hope she makes nice friends and her friends have nice mothers as working at home means I am Billy no mates and likely to stay that way. I may have to join the WI!

7 comments:

BEAST said...

The eyebrow stuff sounds well nasty ! you will soon be caught up in the village fete and church roof appeal committee's , wont take long , I hoope the first day at school goes without too many trauma's :-)

Frobisher said...

It does sound nasty - whatever happened to tweezers?

Anonymous said...

my eyebrows pretty much stay in a nice little arch from years of plucking. good thing is, it doesn't hurt to tweeze anymore.

i don't understand the billy no mates thing. but i do hope c enjoy's school

Andrea said...

Pink - Billy No Mates because now I've moved all my friends live miles away and I haven't managed to make any new ones yet - ho hum!

Tickersoid said...

You're destined to be 'Billy No-Mates' for a long time. Any free time you have, will be tainted by the knowledge that some important work is outstanding.

Andrea said...

Thanks Tick - you really know how to cheer a person up!

*DB* said...

Need pix of the new digs. Hope things are going well for C. Get out there and conquer the WI. Or something else!

Miss you!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013