Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, September 06, 2007

If you go down to the woods

I've been feeling very guilty about the lack of dog walking that has gone on recently - it's turning into a weekend pass time which is BAD very very BAD! So today after the school run me and the dog headed out of the village and up into the Elveden Forest - to put it in context that's all of 10 minutes away from my house.

But it's a big wood - and you have to be careful, take a wrong trun and you could slip over the border and find yourself in Norfolk! It's also the place to see the strange anomaly of speed traps and rumble strips on a road in the middle of nowhere - a reminder that it's not just people who get run over, this is the fantastically named "Suffolk Deer Safety Project" and a very good thing it is too. The only squashed deer in sight today was a small mangled muntjac.

Must get on- I am officially being a lazy git and I can't afford to be.

4 comments:

Frobisher said...

Dog walking I find can be very theraputic - as long as the dog doesn't run off/roll in fox shit/attack other dogs/kill wildlife/shit on someones doorstep when you don't have a bag/injure itself

Anonymous said...

i hate dog walking b/c my dog doesn't understand the concept of going in one place. no, he has to spread his business about like a hooker on the vegas strip. since i live in the country, i pretty much let him loose outside during the day. he stays with the other dogs who are too lazy to go anywhere. they get fed and watered on a regular basis, so they know a good thing when they see it.

Tickersoid said...

I I run over the deer in an artistic and entertaining manner, will I be awarded the ears by the witnesses?

Tickersoid said...

Frobi' I thought Lloyd hated you.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013