Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Friday, January 30, 2009

Voodo

Over the last couple of days the work has arrived - and it's all very weird , very convoluted and not conducive to the use of standard paragraphs Tick! In fact my brain hurts quite a lot.

I have been through all my horse pics and she doesn't look suitably beautiful in any of them so I will take some more tomorrow and see if they work out any better.

Meanwhile I have been dipping my toe in alternative medicene and so far , much to my surprise, it works! I have had two sessions of accupuncture and it's as if someone has turned the pain switch off. I am I admit, amazed and very relaxed and sleeping really well. The needles do hurt and when they are in place they feel hot. So whilst I am not exactly looking forward to next week's sessions the results are enough to make me keep trying. And as conventional medicene can't do anything to help - it has tried its best bless its heart but its no good. Why not? Part of the plan is one session of massage and hypnotherapy - I'm not entirely sure how a control freak like me is going to cope with that but we will see!

4 comments:

*DB* said...

Hey, you never knew until you tried it, right?

I went to a friend when my leg was just not healing up from some over-eager yoga practice. It had been hurting for MONTHS. She does something similar to reiki (energy healing). Haven't felt the problem since, and this was maybe a couple years ago.

Anonymous said...

Lippy, you might be surprised. You ought to give it a go!

I employ, to varying degrees, hypnosis with a few of my clients. And, I have to report it works very well. Granted what seeds I plant are not to remove or reduce pain but that's a story for my blog, one day. :)

Tickersoid said...

Whilst I have no doubt that acupuncture works, in my case I've had little value from it.

As for the horse, build up some muscle on it particularily along the neck crest, give it a good summer clip and work over it's floppy bits with 'Mane and Tail'. Take pictures at dusk or dawn for more dramatic lighting.

Unknown said...

I had acupuncture on my hip after hurting it out running, just took two session and I was back running without pain. I never believed in it but I was totally converted!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013