Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today

Had the BEST just the BEST horse ride for ages this afternoon. It helped that it was a lovely crisp sunny afternoon and it helped that the horse was not in a mood. But it wasn't anything fun like a hack, or show jumping or even hunting, ..........................it was dressage training. This is the "doing very hard sums" of the horse world. And it went like an absolute dream. Rode without stirrups for the first half hour to get my seat right and then rode long, and actually managed to think up a decent schooling sequence. M y friend who was watching and offering "helpful" (*ahem*) comments said at one point, "that's just amazing you look like a German dressage rider!" hurrah the holy grail achieved.

And I've made bread again today - getting better, my loaves are now getting "high" as well as "wide". And I baked a cake, it's an almond cake with clementines where the clementines have to be boiled for two hours - I admit I forgot them, killed a saucepan and filled the house with smoke but they were resucable and the cake is lush!

And yesterday went to the gym for the first time this year - it was dreadful and I'm trying not to think about it but I'll go back tomorrow.

You will gather from all this that I have absolutely bugger all work........well OK not none. But I have taken the decision not to worry about it. What's the point.

Before I forget , did you watch Barack's inauguration? I loved it all, I liked Michelle's frock, Aretha's hat, the "Washington crossing the Deleware" quote and I didn't cry until Beyonce sang "At last". This morning I looked at my "to do list" complete with all the difficult dog end type clients and thought - hell Barack's is roughly my age, he's a lawyer to and his list is a damn site worse than mine is so stop whining and get on with it !

6 comments:

Nicey said...

Lippy,

Good work with the horse hun, sometimes it all just clicks innit,
And a big up to going to the gym, the next session won't be as hard !!
MMmm not good on the work front, my woman that I had for the day (hours) arrived at 10 left at 2:45 billed me for £1900 ......
Still not sure what I got out of it except a list of things to get together for the next hearing.
Stay safe
Laters
Nicey

BEAST said...

Lippy , whats all this with dressage , your just like Jordan .
I have made that clementine cake in the past , it is lush .
Cant say I am with you on the obama thing , seems a load of old nonsense about nothing (to date the guy has done exactly nothing and I will reserve any form of judgement until he does)and if I have to hear another word of gushing eulogising on the BBC I will go completely insane.
Harumph

Anonymous said...

I voted for Obama and I'm over him. I watched the inauguration and was giddy when he took the oath of office.

I'm over it all now because everything is now "First this and first that." For goodness sakes, let the man get down to work. With the exception of Fox News it's a veritable Obama-orgasm-athon!

*DB* said...

Of course I watched it, and mostly now it's just quiet relief that 8 years of crap is over. Now it's the hard business of actually going to WORK.

Still envious of your mad cookery skills.

Tickersoid said...

More strings to the lippy fiddle then. Well done!

Have you taken this oportunity of down time to write out standard paragraphs that can be cut and pasted as required or are they already branded into your brain, such that typing them is faster than retrieving?

Unknown said...

Aaaw, your dressage training sounds amazing, well done Lippy! What is your horse like? Post a pic!!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013