Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Purity Update

I completely understand why people walk out of rehab in a strop after two weeks. In week one you get the instant payback - quick 5lb weight loss, better sleep all the nasties from your initial habit start to fade away. Week two brings the set backs - I didn't fall off the waggon don't get me wrong but yesterday had major "attack" - hideous bout of pain, in the middle of a shopping centre 30 miles from home, I had to sit down for half an hour and wait for the horse pill pain killers to kick in. And that raises all the "what the hell am I bothering with this for?" questions.

I hope it's just things "shifting back into place" rather than getting any worse - but fuck me it's depressing and it's raining, and it's August so nothing much is happening....well apart from a constant stream of visitors. Best mate and child last week and sister, husband and child arriving on Monday...which is nice, hope it stops raining so we can go out somewhere.

Sorry to be such a miserable git.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you're ok, and you're feeling better. The rain and general miserable-ness ( I know that's not a real word...but still!), has everyone down at mouth, I hope you best mate cheers you up :)

Nicey said...

Lippy,

Thats not nice hun, must be your body telling you to slow down.
I like horse tranquelisers, (Ket) your right it takes away the pain !
Saty strong

Nicey

BEAST said...

I feel your pain , as we are withdrawal twins .You are Amy Winehouse to my Pete Docherty.
As your a week ahead of me are you telling me next week is going to be WORSE

Feck

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013