Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Friday, January 04, 2008

Tis the season to de-tox

De- toxing is scientifically bollocks...but there is something about January that makes you feel spotty and posinous, and it doesn't help that half the world has been stricken down with "winter vomiting virus" - how nice.

I don't even deserve to feel toxic - I've walked the dog for an hour every day and ridden the horse most, and not been to many parties and I still look red-eyed and about to expire from exhaustion! It's not right!! So more water, less caffiene and much boring being realistic, once the credit card has recovered from the sales!

I am trying to formulate a plan for the next little while to market the business. But I do find that business opportunites are rather like love affairs and don't often come along when you are looking for them!

5 comments:

Tickersoid said...

I've eaten like a swine and stayed away from the gym for months. Time to repent before I find it easier to walk with a waddle.

Andrea said...

I read a very good theory that you can't exercise in the gym all the time as it's just too boring - so you have to do it for a while , during the "motivated" periods, and live off the benefit for a while until the next "motivation peak" comes along - sounds good to me!

Mr Gaskins Curiosity Emporium said...

I dieted before xmas, put back the weight on over xmas, and I've now got to lose it again... it was worth the masochism of diet sachets for the pure 'scoffing' that ensued over the festering period...

BEAST said...

Beastness is all about going for it , I go full throttle for the gym and eat like a pig constantly and cant stop smoking , so it all sort of sorts itself out.
If I could combine all three activities in one place , I would be in Beast heaven.
Pass another donut someone , I think I just lost a few ounces

Unknown said...

I went back to the gym today,after a long time off. It made me remember why I hate it so much, too many people, too crowded, too...sweaty. I'll stick to pootling along on my bike :)

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013