Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Time Flies when you Are Having Fun!

This time of year all the magazines are full of ideas on how much better your life would be if you "just put aside an extra half an hour a day!" to do whatever it is they suggest. So I thought I'd have a bit of a tot up and see how much time a perfect life actually takes;

Half an hour to cook a nutritious meal for the family ( x 3 ) - 1 hr 30 mins
An hours exercise a day to stay healthy - 1 hr
30 minutes "me time" for those little grooming jobs (nails/eyebrows etc) - 30 mins
Ideal amount of sleep - 7 hrs
If you do an hour and a half housework every day you'll stay on top of it - 1hr 30 mins

(some of this is suggested management time for a law practice)
Chargable hours per day target - 7 hrs
Suggested budget for marketing hours per day for a new practice - 2hrs
Keeping on top of the accounts - 30 mins

That's 21 hours a day, and I haven't had a shower, or driven to the gym or eaten anything myself yet! Nor does it allow for going to the post office or the shops or saying hello to anyone!

No wonder I feel as if I am permanently behind - thank goodness I don't have to commute!

8 comments:

Tickersoid said...

What is this life is full of care,
We cannot shop for underwear,
No time to fondle beneath a blouse,
Or stare at sexy sheep and cows.

(anon' Welsh unemployed person)

Andrea said...

Sexy sheep???? Playing up to the stereotype a bit there Tick! And what's this unemployed person???

Tickersoid said...

I don't know why I said unemployed. Didn't think it through.

Normally, I start a poem with the punch line, but in this case I just went for it and needed a rhyme for blouse

Frobisher said...

surely you meant a hour and a half a housework a week not day????

Frobisher said...

surely you meant a hour and a half a housework a week not day????

Frobisher said...

surely you meant a hour and a half a housework a week not day????

Andrea said...

No - day
With this lot there is three hours ironing a week, and cleaning the bathrooms takes an hour and a half!!

Hayden said...

Here's yet another reason not to do housework. Hurrah!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013