Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Headspace

Yesterday 160 people lost their jobs because, at least in part, one of my client's didn't beleive me when I told him what he needed to do.

My lack of persuasive skills means 160 people with no income just before Christmas.

It's not my fault, I gave him the right answer, and sketched out a plan that would have kept everyone happy and kept him trading.

There is something weird going on too - everyone you speak to has run into an ex-lover and is having a hard time rationalising it. Maybe it's a horoscope thing. Me, I still love everyone I've ever loved - it's my strength and my weakness.

It's going to be a long, cold winter, I can feel it setting in .

6 comments:

Frobisher said...

"I still love everyone I've ever loved" - phew! I think sometimes that it's only the hate that keeps me going.

Andrea said...

That was a bit fucking pompous of me on reflection wasn't it - but sadly it's true.

I can't share your Ben Cohen infatuation - sorry, still prefer the mad bearded Frenchman!

Frobisher said...

You must be a lesbian!!!!!

*DB* said...

It is getting cold, that's for sure. *yawn* OMG, I am SO tired. I wish student-teaching were over with now. I still have a good three-four weeks to go.

Andrea said...

I don't notice the mad bearded french man having tits ...so not a lesbian. Ben's just too clean cut and nice for me.

DB - I think it's a tired time of year you know.

phlegmfatale said...

It's so sucky that your client didn't heed your wise counsel. You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make 'em think.

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013