Followers

Listening to/reading/watching

  • Spooks, Heroes and Little Dorrit
  • The Ascent of Money
  • Fountains of Wayne, Dusty Springfield, Nickleback, Talking Heads

Cluster Map

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Horse

I have a horse on loan..which is a bit like burning five pound notes but more fun, mostly, and a lot more messy ...and smelly....and...oh well anyway.

Last week we won the local Riding Club dressage competition - which had become a bit of a mission after this comment from the AB the day before;

"there is still time to pull out of the dressage competition Mum, I mean, you don't know the test very well and you don't want to look like a muppet!"

Needless to say the large red rosette saying "1st" is now stuck in the MIDDLE of the kitchen notice board.

So tomorrow - I am going to attempt to ride around a cross country course for the fist time in ten years. If there is an illegilble post from an intensive care unit on dodgy hospital wi-fi on Monday you will know that the attempt went horribly wrong. I shall endeavour to fall on my arse and not my head but we shall see!

5 comments:

Frobisher said...

eek! good luck

Tickersoid said...

Horses are the devils pets.

Tickersoid said...

Horses are the devils pets.

Tickersoid said...

blimey! I'm in stereo.

Andrea said...

Katie the horse is lovely - she is the Barbie horse come to life and likes having her nails done and her hair plaited and having a bath. And gets all panic stricken at big jumps and jumps far too high!

About Me

My photo
A blog about being middle aged, in England in 2013